Educational Applications of Emerging Technologies in Higher Education

Thursday, November 17, 2005

On the road


I'm on the road this week in a place where winter is slowly making its presence known -- where? Pittsburgh. Home of the Steelers and the Pirates -- if you are a sports fan. It's the National Writing Project annual meeting and its good to be reconnected to colleagues from across the country that I've been communicating with online and to put real faces to peers in cyberspace. It's a good time to talk about blogs, digital storytelling, technology integration, read-write-technology issues and strategies among many of the topics that will be shared, tackled, deconstruct, or pondered upon in the next couple of days.

Hotel-wise I got lucky with my room -- it has a real view on the 11th floor with two windows -- and one of them overlooks the riverfront. That will be some sight to watch for especially with snow or snow flurries in the forecast.