Wiki, Wiki -- the Hawaiian way?
My class did our first foray with Wikis last Thursday. I thought that connecting our Wiki experience with preparation for the final exam is a good demonstration of what this particular tool can do to support teaching and learning. It's a web-based collaborative writing tool, almost similar to a blog, that my students can use to build their notes of the articles and materials we used in our class this term -- so in a way we are making our Wiki notes.
As usual I learned to be flexible in working with technology. I did not realize that not everyone can edit the Wiki simultaneously. I got locked out big time with a 15-minute wait because one of my students beat me to the Wiki site. Son I went to plan B -- asking my students to outline the articles first that we will use for the final exam and then creating their own Wiki were they posted them.
