Getting excited and moving forward
A semester-long blogging experience with my undergraduate students had been quite an eye-opener of what this tool can do to support teaching and learning. Yes, I got to be honest that I tend to structure things so I can observe how the experience impacts student behaviors and dispositions -- but at the end, these student rose to the occassion and met my expectations. There were lots of writing and reflections -- lots of stepping outside of the box -- and taking some risks. Many students complained of the amount of work but also more stated that they have learned so much in comparison to other experiences they had at this university. For that, I can say that the blogging experience has been successful in effecting change at both the classroom and the individual level.
So I thank everyone who made this blogging experience possible -- students and mentors from the university, peers and supervisors as well as colleagues from the NWP Tech Liaison Network. I look forward to another blogging adventure next term with my students and the community at large where they will be working in the near future.
So I thank everyone who made this blogging experience possible -- students and mentors from the university, peers and supervisors as well as colleagues from the NWP Tech Liaison Network. I look forward to another blogging adventure next term with my students and the community at large where they will be working in the near future.
